Actovegin Prospect: Actovegin is highly purified (deproteinized) gemoderivat which is prepared by dialysis and ultrafiltration. The preparation contains the complex micro and macroelements, amino acids, oligopeptides, nucleosides, fatty acids, oligosaccharides – and vital physiological components only. Actovegin not immunogenic, non-pyrogenic and well it penetrates the blood-brain barrier, as the molecular weight of the constituent components is very low.
Actovegin beneficial effect on the organs and tissues of the body. Actovegin has a high degree of safety. This allows you to use the drug in patients of different ages, with different concomitant diseases.
Actovegin made in accordance with the safety requirements in relation to prion diseases (infectious agents priony- protein nature, which can be transmitted through the blood).
The main effect Actovegin is its ability to protect organs and tissues from damage in the conditions of insufficient blood supply (anti-ischemic effect). It is associated with the anti-hypoxic and antioxidant mechanisms of drug action.
In addition to the anti-ischemic effect Actovegin has a complex metabolic effects associated with its constituent amino acids, micro and macro elements.
Improving the work of the intracellular enzyme systems, Actovegin strengthens synthetic processes and thus stimulate anabolism. This improves tissue regeneration, repair damage occurs.
For a number of years in the practice of medicine has accumulated extensive experience in clinical use Actovegin in areas such as the resuscitation medicine, neurology, endocrinology, internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology.
Pharmacotherapeutic group: Medications for alimentary tract and metabolism.
Active substance: Deproteinized haemoderivative blood of calves.
Indications for use:
- Metabolic and circulatory disorders of the central nervous system – ischemic stroke, residual hemorrhagic stroke, traumatic brain injury, encephalopathy different genesis.
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Violation of peripheral arterial or venous circulation, angiopathy, including diabetic origin.
- Burns 1-3 degree (chemical, thermal, solar, radiation).
- Healing wounds (ulcers of various etiologies, trophic disorders – bedsores, wounds healing processes infringement).
- Radiation damage to the skin, mucous membranes, radiation neuropathy.
See also: Actovegin for injection